Sunday, July 13, 2008

William Strong



As many of you know one of our ancestors was in the Mormon Battalion. He was in Company E. When I first went to company E I found not only William Strong, but also my wife's great-grandfather, Oliver Norton Harmon, and my brother-in-law's great-grandfather, John Hess. It is such a small world. I am sure that they knew each other very well. I don't think that they at that time thought they would have three of their grandchildren in the same family.

I have been told that William kept a good journal of the time they were in the battalion. The story is that he let one of his fellow battalion members take it and he never sawit again. I would love to find it. It would be a wonderful gift to the family.

There is a wonderful we page on the Mormon battalion. I have added a picture on it of William Strong. Also a bio has been sent in but is not on the page yet. The bio is not mine but the credit should come with the bio. To go to click here

Thanks,

Jim Lovell

No comments: