Sunday, January 7, 2007

Fred Stagg


One of the greatest things about doing family history is the wonderful people you meet. This includes both the living and the dead. Some of the best friends I have are some of my extended family.

One of these is a wonderful gentleman named Fred H. Staggs. He has been a great help in the work of putting the Thomas Jefferson McClain family back together. Fred always had a wonderful story about everything that we talked about. He loved to talk about his family. He was so proud of his kids and grandkids. And he was one of the few people who knew about my Great-Great Grandmother, Mary Jerusha McClain Mooney.

Fred's daughter, Kathy, told me that her parents died 1 week apart, her daddy died on Dec. 15, 2004 and mother died Dec. 22, 2004. His wife had been sick for a long time and I was not able to get to know her. But from what Fred told me she was a wonderful lady.

No comments: