Saturday, December 23, 2006

John Lovell




John Lovell is my second Great-Grandfather. He immigrated from England to Canada in 1835. John lived and worked with his uncles in Ontario, Canada for several years. While working there a Mormon missionary named John Taylor taught John about this new religion. Eventually John joined the LDS church and joined the saints in Nauvoo, Il. John moved west with the saints and settled in Oak City, UT where he died in 1881.

I have extensive research and histories on John Lovell. This is a photograph of him. I hope to put more information here in the future.




2 comments:

ebudd said...

I don't think I've ever seen this picture of John Lovell before. I've seen the similar drawing-type photograph of Joseph Hyrum you have in another post, but I don't think this one. Thanks.

debra smith said...

That is a very nice page on John Lovell. Very well put together and respectfully done. Debra Smith