Saturday, December 23, 2006

Introduction

I am a genealogist. I love studying personal histories, collecting old pictures, and basically learning about my past. Of particular interest is early American histories including the Mayflower, Civil War, and early Mormon history. Particular research areas of specialty include New England and the Southern states - specifically Georgia.

My intent in creating this Blog is to share what I have learned and what I am currently researching in hopes of engaging others in my efforts. Please comment freely and share what you have learned on these topics.

I will be posting some of the pictures from my personal collection from time to time. If you have any related photographs please share them. I will also link from here to other related family research and would like to begin conversation on these topics as well.

One individual I have done a lot of research on is Thomas Jefferson McClain. His is my 3rd Great-Grandfather. He was born in Greene County Georgia on 14 Sept, 1823. Here is one of my favorite photos of him:



I have many more photos of Thomas and his family for those who may be interested.
Finally, if you have questions about genealogy please write. It is always fun to help others "catch the bug".

No comments: