Wednesday, November 25, 2009

William Hyrum Standley's Family



This is the Family of William Hyrum and Elvira Jane Mooney Standley. I have been told that this was taken shortly before Elvira's Death. She was killed when a buggy rolled over on her.

I think I might have the two girls mixed up. The one on the left should be Emma Jane and the one on the right would be Mary Ann.

Mary Ann Standley

Emma Jane Standley

William James Standley


Charles Henry Standley
Born: 12 May 1894, Spanish Fork, Utah County, Utah
Died: 13 June 1957, Nampa, Canyon County, Idaho


Joseph Hyrum Standley
Born: 14 May 1896, Spanish Fork, Utah County, Utah
Died: 8 September 1961, Idaho Falls, Bonneville County, Idaho

Nephi Standley







3 comments:

Vikki Saunders - Hayhurst said...

Emma Jane stands on the right side of her father. Elvira passed not to long after family picture was taken, he raised his kids aging from 10 yrs, to 18 months. He remarried Mary Elizabeth (hull) in 1903. They had 1 child together, and in 1908 William passed. Step-mother took her son and left the Standley children orphans. Mary Ann married, and Emma Jane , followed and got married, left the four boys to fend for themselves. Would like to know how the survived.. Emma Jane is my great grandmother.

James L. Lovell said...

Mikki Saunders-Hayhurst

Thanks so much for the information. My grandfather was Joseph Hyrum Standley, a brother of Emma Jane. I did not know much about the Standley's other than my grandmother and grandfather. When I started doing Genealogy I spent most of my time on this line. I have been to Georgia many times. I spent part of my mission in Rome, GA and loved it more than the rest of the Mission. We found a lot on family that are still there. The best that we found was Marge Blair. She was a gold mine. She and I put together a McClain Reunion. We had fifty or more people to the reunion from 13 states. She would always find the things we need to have. The sad thing was she past away about a month ago. I talked to her for about a half hour the week before. The funny part was the call was a pocket call. I think Heavenly Father wanted me to talk to her. I have lots of stories and would like to share mine and hear yours. If you will give me your e-mail I will send you a history of my grandfather. My address is jamesllovell@gmail.com. I have other histories as well. Jim

Vikki Saunders - Hayhurst said...

my email is vikkjh@yahoo.com I would love to see what info you have. Emma Jane was my great grandmother, she had 11 children, one passed very early.